Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stripping with friends!

Joey and I stripped down his K3 last night.

First he scrubbed the frame down with Simple Green and a brush to clean the dirt off.
He did such a good job I let him do the engine too.


Good job Joey!

While he was busy doing that, I sprayed the frame down with Klean-Strip and let it work it's magic.
This stuff is pretty cool. Just spray it on, wait 15 minutes, and wipe paint off. DO NOT get any on you though. It burns like hell.

Frame covered in paint stripper.
After a couple applications of the stripper the frame looked like this:

Stripped frame

There are still a couple spots that need some attention but I'll get that with the sandblaster.
I think the frame looks cool as bare metal with a little rust. But the patina isn't what we're going for with this build. We will hopefully be painting in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment