Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's ALIVE!!!

She may not look like much, but I love her.
This is my 1977 Honda CB750 K7. I've had her for a few months now but she hasn't been running well until just recently. I've been chasing problem after problem since April: bad wiring, poor grounds, dirty carburetors, horrible timing, et cetera.

Fortunately for me, last night all of my efforts came to fruition. I believe I have finally sorted out most of the major problems. She is far from finished. But at least until the season is over, I believe she is roadworthy.

Sure, the head gasket leaks a little oil, the top end smokes a little bit, and she backfires some. These problems just add to her character. All-in-all she runs strong, and is a joy to ride.

At the moment the K7 is sporting a Yamiya 4-into-1 exhaust and a set of 29mm Keihin CR Specials. Next on the agenda is a little bit of suspension tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment