Off the top of my head I think I've got
- 3 complete sets of '75 GL1000 carbs
- a set of '78 GL1000 carbs
- and a set of '76 GL1000 carbs plus a box of random parts/bodies.
- 2 or 3 sets of early CB750 carbs plus a few boxes full of spare parts/bodies
- a couple sets of later (PD42 A and B) CB750 carbs
- 2 sets of XS650 carbs
- a set of Keihin CR29's
- A set of CB400 carbs
- oops I forgot one; another set of PD42 B's (Elrich's F2 carbs)
- I'm sure there's more I just can't remember.
I like to do multiple sets of carbs at once. That way I'm not wasting chemicals when I use my ultrasonic cleaner. I can just reuse the cleaner several times in a row on different sets of carbs. Because of this approach, sometimes the workbench can get a bit cluttered. Here's a little taste of my carburetor chaos.
I was given a couple sets of CB900 C carbs to build a single good set out of. I tore into them and discovered that all one of the sets really needed was new gaskets, an accelerator pump diaphragm, and a float hinge pin.
So now they're sitting off to the side waiting for parts to arrive in the mail.
|This box makes it easy to keep everything organized.|
|Oh... just a couple spare sets laying around.|
|Yes the Goldwing has only 4 cylinders, |
I pulled a couple spare carbs to scavenge for parts.
|Like I said, this thing REALLY comes in handy.|