It took about 20 minutes to get the motor off the bike, partly because I was slacking, and partly because I got distracted a bit. Once the motor was off, the hunt was on...
It took about another 20 minutes to get the motor apart because I completely forgot that I needed to remove the rear axle to pull the rotor again.
|Axle / makeshift rotor puller removed.|
|5 minutes later this is how she looked.|
|Things seem good so fa-oh wait a minute...|
|One... Two... Shit.|
Do I think this is the cause of my problem? Probably not, at least not entirely. I'm gonna replace it though and see how that affects things before I start boring out cylinders and cutting valve seats.
Now here's the kicker... I don't really feel like waiting 2+ weeks to get a 10x14mm dowel from Honda, and I don't have to. However, solving this issue ASAP requires me to deal with this:
|Freshly hosed off, this baby is about to get torn to pieces.|
Given my lack of frustration so far, it's all I can do to not hang the bike by a noose around it's head and chop the motor out with a sawsall and a mechanical laugh. Before that happens though, I'm going to float the bike in some PB Blaster and call it a night. Maybe tomorrow will hold some good luck for me.