Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Well now I'm just confused...

I'm taking another stab at working the CB125's issues out.
Since I couldn't keep the cylinder at TDC for a leakdown test, I removed the tappet adjusters so the valves wouldn't engage at any point during the stroke. With the cylinder at BDC of both compression and exhaust stroke I got this:

85 out of 90psi is about a 10% loss
I'm showing less than 10% loss. I know this is totally acceptable in larger bikes, but I'm not so sure if this is good for this particular bike. I'm going to remove the carburetor and exhaust entirely and re-do the compression test. We shall see how it goes from there. If that turns out okay I'm completely stumped and I suppose I should re-check my timing? It was spot on when I last looked, maybe all that kick-starting changed something though...

No comments:

Post a Comment