Thursday, April 14, 2011

Split Cases Personality

I got the engine cases of the K7 separated last night.
Here's the results:
Pistons off.
Make sure you know which way they go back in.
Cases pulled apart.
*Clink plunk* "Where the hell did this little piece fall from?
...oh.
Gear teeth look great
and the faces will be polished in short order.

I went to Manassas Honda today and ordered 2 new primary chains, a tensioner, and all new crankcase bearings. Expensive, but worth it for the peace of mind that I won't have to do this again anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. This post yielded my new desktop background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! If you want any pictures of anything in particular let me know.

    That last pic of the gear teeth was taken with an improvised macro lens. I used a print enlarger lens, extension tubes and a Leica screw mount adapter to get it to fit on my Nikon and voila!

    ReplyDelete