Thursday, September 15, 2011

CB400F up and running.

So I took a day off from working on other builds to get the CB400F up and running.
It still looks awful, but at least now it runs.

Here's a list of what I did:
  • Changed oil
  • Cleaned and oiled air filters
  • Cleaned and rebuilt carbs
  • Adjusted valve tappet clearance (not easy without the special tool)
  • Set ignition timing
  • Sync'd carbs and adjusted air screws
I still need a new chain, tires, battery, sparkplugs, proper headlight bracket, mirror, shorter clutch cable, and a speedometer would be nice. It's a long way from being street-able, but I'm happy with the progress so far.
I think I'll treat myself to some new tires and sparkplugs in the near future so I can do a plug chop in order to get the carb settings just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment