Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trying my hand at painting.

I put a couple coats of primer on Joey's K3 last night.
It started out great but didn't end so well. I had a couple drips around areas that were hard to get into with the spray gun as I expected. So I let it dry and sanded it down. When I went to apply another coat the gun started spraying out larger globs of paint (assuming some had dried in the cup) and then the frame fell off it's hook. I put a couple big ol' handprints right on the fresh primer. That's when I decided to call it a night. I'll be sanding all that back down and going back for round 2 tonight.

Here's a picture of the frame right after I stripped it, but before I prepped it for paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment